Popular Germany casinos online
- A comprehensive comparison of the top real money casinos according to strict criteria.
- Detailed test reports on the individual online casinos.
- Information on the most important payment providers in online casinos
Top real money online casinos in comparison 2021
150 Free spinsPlay now
100% up to €100
150 Free Spins + €/$ 1000
200 Free SpinsPlay now
€2000 + 200 FS
+5% cashback in Sports
Play responsibly. 18+. T&Cs apply.
100 Free spinsPlay now
100% up to €300
+ 100 Free Spins
55% up to €300
On deposit every Friday
Different statuses, more valuable bonuses
Play responsibly. 18+. T&Cs apply.
The most popular online Germany casinos you will find above. There are Gunsbet, JoyCasino, Loki, Vegas Hero. All these casinos provide access to players from different states. Citizens of the country should choose gambling sites with a license only. It will guarantee that your win will be paid, and bets will be fair.
Online casino test winners at a glance
After our numerous online casino tests, we can determine the test winners in various categories. If you want to find out more about the respective online casino, simply click on the provider, and you will be taken to the detailed test report.
After dozens of tested online casinos, we have selected the test winners with great care so that you can play safely and successfully for real money.
The fact is that in 2021 there is an almost unbelievably large selection of online casinos that offer great and lucrative winnings. Of course, it is difficult to keep track and choose the right casino. Which is the most reliable and interesting internet casino? Especially for beginners, this question is difficult to answer.
We at 50-spins would like to select and present the best online casinos from the many offers on the gambling market in our online casino comparison. However, we must add that the best casino cannot be determined easily – this topic is far too subjective for that. However, we hope that our criteria for evaluating the providers will help you to find the best online casino for you.
What did we evaluate?
Among other things, we have considered a large number of test criteria that are important, in our opinion, when evaluating online casinos. The security, reputation and reliability of the provider were of particular importance to us. Online casinos are our great passion, we like to play the latest slots and take great pleasure in testing new online casinos with all their strengths and weaknesses on the German gambling market.
As a result, we can now draw on a wealth of experience and have developed a good understanding of what constitutes reputable online casinos in the first place. In our online casino test, we have analysed even the most complicated bonus rules, which turnover requirements there are and whether a provider puts many obstacles in the way of the player during payout. We understand your needs and would like to help you with our online casino tests to choose the best gambling site for you and to fulfil your expectations.
Playing in online casino criteria of our casino test
When evaluating online casinos 2021 for players from Germany, there are important things you should definitely pay closer attention to. In the following, we would like to go into the most important comparison criteria and tell you what we put emphasis on when compiling our online casino test reports.
1. Security and respectability through gambling licence
When evaluating the best casinos, the topic of security and the protection of players from fraud is particularly important. Many players often ignore this point. Our online casino comparison has shown that not every online casino is above board. We would like to briefly discuss what distinguishes reputable online casinos and what characteristics a provider must have in order to be considered trustworthy and secure.
Every reputable online casino should have a valid licence, which is stated on the website. This gives the player a certain legal certainty, which also applies to the casino. As a player, you can feel on the safe side if, for example, licences have been issued by strict supervisory authorities such as in Schleswig Holstein, the Malta Gaming Authority or the UK Gambling Commission. They check the online casinos very carefully, because licences for online casinos are difficult to obtain and only if the provider is really safe and reputable and does not rip off its players does it get a valid licence. In the EU, the licensors are generally considered very safe and reliable. Casino licences are also regularly checked after they have been issued.
We recommend that you only use providers with a Schleswig Holstein licence in Germany. If the casino is located outside of Germany, it should have an MGA, UKGC or Curacao licence. If this is not the case with a provider, you could be ripped off here and then you often have no possibility to sue the provider of the online casino. If the provider has an untrustworthy and dubious licence, there is no legal security for you and you should rather stay away from it.
Many new players do not deal with this topic sufficiently and a layman quickly falls for scammers. Although there are a large number of safe online casinos nowadays, the black sheep can hardly be distinguished from the reputable providers at first glance.
In general, we recommend that you only play in European online casinos with EU licences. This is because the winnings you make there are paid out tax-free. If an online casino is located outside the EU, you are obliged to pay tax in the country of the licensor.
In our online casino comparison, we only present the best online casinos with reputable licences that are subject to regular checks by independent supervisory authorities.
2. The best online casino needs high win rates
At the top online casinos, a high payout ratio is a real secret to raking in fat winnings. Experienced players know this and therefore always look for online casinos with the highest RTP value. RTP is the abbreviation for “Return To Player” and is expressed as a percentage. In our online casino test, we have picked out the best casino games and the providers with the best possible payout for you.
In this context, the term “house advantage” is also of great importance. This is a percentage. It means that a certain part of the stakes that the players place remains in the online casino i.e. is never paid out. If the house edge is low, the players have a greater chance of a high payout.
So you could say that the payout ratio is the opposite of the house edge, because that is the share of the stake that flows back to all players. The higher the house edge, the lower the payout ratio and vice versa. It can be expressed with a formula like this.
The best online casinos publish data on the payout ratio and house advantage. It can be seen that the average payout ratio depends not only on the different slots, but also on which provider makes them available. There are extreme differences between internet casino providers.
The average payout rate is particularly good if they are at least 97%. Dubious online casinos, which are not so safe and take money out of the customer’s pocket, are often well below this, around 40% or 50%.
You may wonder how it is possible that the odds of winning differ so much, when the rules of the game are determined solely by the programming of the casino software developers. This is because the online casinos themselves have the possibilities to change the payout odds.
In addition, the average chance of winning in an online casino naturally depends on the type of games offered. European and French roulette games offer a greater chance of winning. American roulette, on the other hand, really clears the table for the casino and has a much higher house edge. Thus, the online casino can already adjust the average RTP value when selecting the games.
Therefore, when choosing an online casino, always pay attention to the overall payout ratio. It shows the overall average of all winning chances of the games offered and is a safe value to be able to classify the seriousness of an online casino.
3. Secure and fast payment methods
Payment methods play a big role in determining the best online casino. Here, a comparison of the best providers is just as important. If you have decided to play for real money, then you should definitely check the payment options of the online casino you are interested in.
We recommend that you compare the advantages and disadvantages of each payment provider before making a decision. Also, note that the deposit and withdrawal requirements can vary from casino to casino. There are deposit limits and withdrawal requirements that you must meet – especially if you have claimed a bonus.
In the following table, you will find the most important payment methods in the world of online gambling in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Please note that Paypal has withdrawn from the German-speaking casino market.
Online casinos and gamblers need to have a wide selection of payment systems. All these systems must work fast and have a high level of trust. Nowadays, providers such as Trustly and Klarna possess these qualities. We can also add to them: Neteller, Skrill, credit cards, Bitcoin. It’s all an alternative for PayPal.
Note. After sign-up gamers have to use the same payment provider for making a deposit and for withdrawal. You need to read terms and conditions before you start to play.
Bonuses for Germany players
One of the reasons why gamblers choose online casino it is a bonus. Like others, players from Germany can get all special bonuses: welcome, for the 1st deposit, second, third, etc. It includes free spins too.
Gambling in Germany
According to the latest news, from 1 July 2021, online casino and poker will be legal in all states. The government will make a regulator the GlüNeuRStv. One of the issues will be approving and submitting new offers to the European Commission.
Meanwhile, in Germany legal:
- sports betting. It’s a well-known fact that the most popular sport in German it’s football. However sports such as horse racing, tennis, hockey, popular too. (Regulates by Interstate Treaty);
- fantasy betting;
4. Easy deposits
Maybe you have only recently become active in the world of the best online casinos. And you probably have no idea what you should look for in a payment method when you want to deposit money. Please note that there are significant differences between the individual deposit methods. The most important thing here is security. The providers we have mentioned offer a high level of comfort and data security.
However, it is also possible that you will come across a payment provider that you do not know or have never heard of and that we have not recommended. In this case, you should make sure that the payment provider’s website is encrypted with SSL and what other customers report. Are there possibly even big scandals?
In addition to the aspect of security, you should also consider another point when deciding between 2 payment providers. In our opinion, these are questions about the deposit:
- How many steps are needed to make a deposit or withdrawal?
- How long does it take until the money is in your account when making a withdrawal?
- How is the website structured?
- Is it very user-friendly?
Some online casinos also specify minimum and maximum amounts that can be deposited. However, this varies greatly from provider to provider.
5. Fast payouts
If you want to withdraw your winnings, the question arises again as to which payment provider is best for this. Our casino comparison team has already created detailed test reports for the best payment methods. We have also written our own guide on the best online casinos with fast payouts.
To make players feel safe, many top online casinos have improving payout methods on their radar. They should be made faster and deliver better results. Many players want the money they have won in their account as quickly as possible.
It is ideal if the withdrawal process only takes 10 to 15 minutes. With Trustly, for example, this often happens within only 5 minutes.
We therefore recommend that you choose a payment provider based on how quickly it can pay out the money. Generally, online casinos that are popular with players can also offer the fastest payment options. Choose the one that is most convenient for you and meets your personal requirements.
6. How good is the customer service at the online casino?
Very good customer service is what makes a reputable and particularly good online casino. You should be able to get help quickly and easily – if possible in different languages such as German, English, French, Spanish and so on.
When it comes to customer support, a telephone hotline is often the first thing that comes to mind. While this is still provided by some providers, other options have now become established in online casinos that provide players with answers to their questions.
In order to prevent standard questions from arising in the first place, most of the top providers have set up an FAQ section in which answers to topics such as bonuses, games or payments are provided.
In addition, in most cases the support team of an online casino can be reached via live chat at predefined times, often even around the clock.
This has developed as a standard variant in online gambling houses and offers both the player and the casino itself a significant advantage:
- As a (potential) customer, you receive answers to your questions within a few minutes.
- For the casino, the setup is much less complicated than telephone service.
- Alternatively, you can also write to the support team by e-mail. The e-mail address provided for this purpose can either be found on the operator’s website or there is a contact form.
If you want to find out more about the customer service of the respective casino, you can find more information in our online casino reviews.
7. Online casino games selection
In our online casino comparison, a large selection of games was a decisive factor for the best casino. Exciting games are a very special experience for players from Germany and especially high rollers often win a lot of money with a few tips and tricks.
However, some German players simply want to play their usual favourite games or are still looking for the right casino game. In this case, an online casino with a large game selection is best. Roughly speaking, the game selection in the online casino can be divided into slot machines and table games.
Of course, when choosing the right games in our online casino test, the number of games was quite important to us and of great significance for the rating. However, it is also important to pay attention to quality. In the meantime, many large developers have made a name for themselves in the gambling industry and provide the best online casinos with very high-quality games.
Online casino games
Slot machines (Slots): Most casino players in Germany enjoy the numerous slot machines and slots provided. Book of Dead and Starburst have developed a great reputation among the slots. It is a great pleasure for many players to find these slots in online casinos. New games from the best-known developers also regularly find their way into the best casinos.
Jackpot games: For high rollers, the jackpot games are particularly popular. They are considered the highlights in online casinos and are highly sought after by many players from Germany. A distinction is made between fixed jackpots and progressive jackpots. The latter increase the more stakes are placed by the players until a player finally hits the jackpot. There are jackpots for table games and slots.
Blackjack: Blackjack is one of the most popular card games in the world, which is why many providers have blackjack in their portfolio – with the exception of casinos licensed in the federal state of Schleswig Holstein. Originally, blackjack also comes from the casino world. Some casinos, therefore, offer it in hundreds of versions, for example, Blackjack Multihand and Atlantic City Blackjack.
Roulette: Roulette is probably the best known of the table games and has a centuries-old tradition. Online casinos offer many different roulette variants. Well known are for example, 3D Roulette, Lightning Roulette, VIP Roulette, French Roulette and so on.
Video and casino poker: Perhaps you are also enthusiastic about online poker or have even mastered this game excellently. On our site, almost all online casinos offer poker. It is especially often offered in the form of video poker and many other forms. For example, you can find it in the form of Deuces Wild, Tens or Better, Joker Poker, Three Card Poker and in many other variations.
Baccarat: Baccarat is not quite as well known as Roulette, Blackjack and Poker, but it is one of the top 4 table games in online casinos. It is offered by well-known online casinos such as JoyCasino and Pelaa.
Bingo, Keno & Scratch Cards: These games have also made a name for themselves in online casinos. It never gets boring with Bingo & Co. because there are also numerous game variations and there is an incredible number of ways to win a lot of money. As a rule, you have to predict a number, which is then drawn with a bit of luck.
Conclusion about the best online casinos
The online casino real money experiences of 50-spins.com show that there are always players who win big, for example through a high jackpot. However, we recommend that you first become really good at the games and read online slots reviews before you try your luck with larger sums.
In our casino test above, we have clearly presented and rated the best online casino providers. Take another look at the respective websites and choose the offer that appeals to you the most.
The online casinos we have selected all have a reputable website and are sufficiently licensed. After testing over 100 online casinos, there was hardly anything to complain about. In general, it must be said that online gambling in internet casinos is very diverse. It is easy to lose track of everything. So think carefully beforehand about what your priorities are and what requirements an online casino should absolutely fulfil. With this knowledge, you will find the best online casino for you and be able to play successfully for real money!
FAQ: Frequently asked questions about online casinos
In order to answer some important questions directly, we would like to go into some of them again briefly so that you are prepared for your possibly first gaming experience in an online casino.
- What do gamblers in Germany prefer?
- 38% per cent of players prefer betting. Casino games slots, blackjack, roulette, and others choosing 34% gamers. Other 24% dedicate their time to poker.
- How many people work in the gambling industry?
- According to the statistic (2018), in Germany worked up to 200, 000 employees.
- What is the best online casino?
- Good online casinos have an excellent reputation on the internet. And there are many of them in German-speaking countries. That’s why it’s hard to say which is the best online casino. We have already presented the most attractive providers, according to our online casino comparison. Take a look at the list above and choose the online casino that best suits your needs.
- How can I recognise a good and reputable online casino?
- Reputable online casinos have a good RTP, a first-class game selection and great bonuses with realistic bonus conditions. In addition, they offer quickly accessible customer service and are sufficiently licensed. We have tested all online casinos according to these criteria.
- Can I play online in casinos for free, or are there fees?
- As a rule, there are no fees at online casinos. However, at most of the online casinos tested at 50-spins.com you have to deposit money, which you can then use to play.
- Are there casinos without registration?
- Yes, the option to play without registering or signing up is also called “pay and play” and represents a new trend among online casinos. More and more players are interested in being able to play as quickly as possible without having to register.
- How do you play online casino?
- We recommend that you first choose a suitable online casino that is also free of charge, i.e. that offers games with a demo version. Now you should first play online for free in order to improve in a game. If you are doing very well in a game, we recommend that you register next and get the welcome bonus if the turnover requirements are not too high. Also, keep an eye out for new promotions and attractive offers. Keep playing until you have met the wagering requirements and can cash out your first money. Before choosing a new game, always look at the odds and the house edge, or RPT. Choose games that have a low house edge and the highest possible payout. Always look for progressive jackpots to take your chance at very high winnings.
- Which online casino can you win really big money at?
- You can win a lot of money at online casinos that offer progressive jackpots and have many games in their portfolio that have a low house edge. This automatically results in a higher payout.
- How can I withdraw real money from the casino?
- A good and reputable online casino offers a withdrawal option that is as barrier-free as possible. However, it always depends on the payment service provider you have chosen for the withdrawal. As a rule, you will have your money in your account within 5 minutes to 72 hours. If the withdrawal does not work, it could be that a bonus is still active! Make sure you check the bonus conditions – you can only withdraw your money once you have fulfilled them.
- Is there an online casino test by Stiftung Warentest or Computerbild?
- Unfortunately, Stiftung Warentest has not yet published an online casino test. Of course, the consumer protection foundation is considered very serious, so a test would be very informative and trustworthy. We have not yet been able to find an online casino test from Computer Bild either.
- Are online casinos legal in Germany?
- In Germany, it is difficult to operate an online casino legally because it is actually forbidden. However, Germany is a part of the European Union. And thanks to EU regulations, casinos are allowed on the internet. European law states that foreign licences from other EU member states are also valid in Germany. This means that all online casinos with a licence from Malta and Gibraltar, for example, act legally, even if the offer is aimed at German-speaking players. By 2021, the legal situation for gambling in Germany will change and be legalised so that German gambling licences may also be issued.